Water damage from degrading window trim

• Hello everyone,

I've finally decided to replace the rubber trim around the front windshield, it's been looking like I've been washing it. I've ordered a new trim piece of what I understand. my question is if I'm worried water has gone through the degraded seal, where would it show up? It has been rained on and washed many times and I have not noticed anything yet.

Thank you!

• Hello

first, the water should run down the A-pillar.
    Usually this is absorbed directly from the carpet.

If it concerns the complete seal of the windscreen, also the entire front will be to examine particularly behind the dashboard.

Lift carpet and check for moisture.

Gruß Sebastian

*alle von mir geposteten Bilder sind mein Eigentum ; Bilder welche nicht mein Eigentum sind, erhalten eine passende Quellenangabe!

Termine Stammtisch Düsseldorf 2023, jeweils ab 16.30 Uhr Treffen. :trinken:

Neue Termine sowie der neue Standort folgen in kürze.

• Hi,
    as far as I know the trim around the windshield has nothing to do with the sealing. The trim is just for avoiding wind noises, the windshield itself is glued to the frame, that's what pretends from water leaking into the cabin.
    Btw, it's very hard (almost impossible) to replace the trim without having to remove the windshield and gluing it back in afterwards. If you manage to find a way how to do it more effortlessly, please let me know.

Regards

• Moisture in your car is easily detected as you tend to have foggy (or in winter frozen) windows *on the inside*.

Die Bilder in meinen Beiträgen stammen von mir und zeigen meine eigenen Autos - Ausnahmen sind entsprechend gekennzeichnet.

• my issue got solved!!
    Thank you!